In the wake of Joe Wilson's absolutely truthful assignment of the liar tag to President Obama the other night, and having solved all the other problems, both foreign and domestic, facing the nation, here's what your over-paid House representatives are wasting your tax money on today....
House Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter (D-NY) has released a helpful, updated primer for members regarding their conduct on the floor and in committees.
Especially useful: The section on how to properly insult the executive branch in the in the chamber.
Under section 370 of the House Rules and Manual it has been held that a Member could:
• refer to the government as “something hated, something oppressive.”
• refer to the President as “using legislative or judicial pork.”
• refer to a Presidential message as a “disgrace to the country.”
• refer to unnamed officials as “our half-baked nitwits handling foreign affairs.”
Likewise, it has been held that a member could not:
• call the President a “liar.”
• call the President a “hypocrite.”
• describe the President’s veto of a bill as “cowardly.”
• charge that the President has been “intellectually dishonest.”
• refer to the President as “giving aid and comfort to the enemy.”
• refer to alleged “sexual misconduct on the President’s part.”
How about "wretched knave" or "traitorous vermin" or "lying sack of s%#t"? Are those still legal?
No President has been treated worse in front of congress than George Bush was by the left yet, the whining democrats bristle when a lone republican dares speak the truth and call Obama on only one of the many lies he told during his desperate health-care speech last Wednesday. Is this really what the democrats want the American people to see them wasting time doing as our jobs, home values, money value, and way of life circle the drain?
Keep digging that hole democrats. Never mind that your approval numbers across the board are lower than a ghetto thug's jeans. You've got nothing better to do than suck up to Obama with a bunch of partisan nonsense, as if you haven't been doing that for the last 10 months. Keep ignoring the American people who bankroll your fat paychecks. Keep doing whatever Obama and Rahm Emanual order you to do even though it's in direct contradiction to what your constituents tell you to do on their behalf. Just keep doing exactly what you're doing and see how the midterms go for you.